Things to Know

  • Form W-2 from employer
  • Social Security Card for self and dependents
  • Form 1099R for pensions, early IRA distributions or other distributions
  • Form 1099INT/DIV for interest dividends
  • Form 1099B for proceeds from stock transactions (please include cost price and sale price for each stock sold)
  • Form SSA-1099 for Social Security benefit statements
  • Form 1098 for Mortgage Interest statements
  • Form 1098T for College tuition
  • Form 1098E for student loan interest
  • Form 1099G for Unemployment Income
  • Form 1099MISC Self Employed
  • Form W-2G (gambling winnings)
  • Income for corporations Trusts or Estates Schedule K1
  • Rental Income info, expenses etc.
  • RHUD statement for purchase or refinancing of a house
  • IRA contributions
  • Alimony Paid or received
  • Child Care expenses & Provider Information
  • Medical Dental Expenses
  • Cash or non Cash Donations
  • Casualty or theft losses
  • Estimated Taxes

S Corporations & LLC Partnerships are due: March 15th
Personal Returns, C Corporations & Single Member LLC’s are due: April 15th

Any client that needs to go on extension must call the office to notify us before the dates provided above. Extensions only give clients 6 months from the original due dates to complete their tax returns if they are not yet completed or if information needed to complete your return is not yet available. For the extension to work clients must pay what is estimated they would owe on the tax return or they will be hit with a late filing penalty and charged interest on the amount owed by the government. If you do not want to go on extension please have everything handed into the office before February 25th for S Corporations & LLC Partnerships and before March 31st for Personal Returns, C Corporations & Single Member LLC’s.

To complete your sales tax for each quarter we will need copies of your bank statements from the months within the quarter before the dates listed below. Please try to have everything needed to complete your sales tax available to the office by the first week of the month it is due.

New York:
1st Quarter – December, January, February (Due March 20th)
2nd Quarter – March, April, May (Due June 20th)
3rd Quarter – June, July, August (Due September 20th)
4th Quarter – September, October, November (Due December 20th)

New Jersey:
1st Quarter – January, February, March (Due April 20th)
2nd Quarter – April, May, June (Due July 20th)
3rd Quarter – July, August, September (Due October 20th)
4th Quarter – October, November, December (Due January 20th)

IRS: (800) 829-1040
NY: (518) 457-5181
NJ: (609) 292-6400

You can gift up to $15,000 to anyone tax free this year. You and your spouse can combine your individual annual exclusions and make gifts of up to $30,000.00 to a single recipient. Some gifts have special rules. For instance, education and medical expenses you pay directly to the respective providers do not reduce your annual exclusion.